Friday, December 15, 2006

The Stockman's

Most of you may know Sean, Tessa and Emerson are in Africa right now. They are visiting one of our missionary family's, the Manry's. I got a call from Sean saying they made it safely to Africa. Something about this made me mad.

Not the fact that Sean isn't working for three weeks or that they are in a cool place. It's the fact that he has better cell coverage in Africa then I do here, in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. That's right, his work cell phone is an internation phone. He called his boss to tell him he had cell coverage and his boss told him to he could call family and friends.

So I'm sitting at work and I get a call from Sean. It first of all blew me away that I was talking to Sean and he was literally an ocean away. Secondly it blew my mind he had cell coverage.

Let's rewind a couple months back when I decided to buy a new cell phone on eBay. My current phone was working just fine but I wanted a new, cooler phone. The phone I had would drop the occasional call but most of the time I had coverage. Well this new fansy phone is horrible.

The new phone does look cool but I've dropped more calls with it than all the phones I've had before combined.

I work in Southfield. I would consider that a major suburb of Detroit. For some reason I have horrible coverage in Southfield.

A mile from my house I have a zone where I drop calls...A MILE FROM MY HOUSE!!!

I hope you can sense the frustration.

So, I hope the Stock's have a good rest of their trip. I hope my doesn't going on dropping call. I hope you all have a good Christmas and New Year!
Ash

1 Comments:

At December 27, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have bee up late tonight packing and I thought I would take a look at everyone elses' blog. This is hilarious...I love ya man! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home