Thursday, October 26, 2006

Crash

I've officially taken the nickname of "Crash" from Darren!

Tonight he and I went for a ride at Addison Oaks. I had two of the most violent crashes I've ever had on a bike. When I was younger I crashed all the time. Tonight it was different.

The first crash I lost control going around a tight corner and spilled. I landed hard on my right knee and then my head. Luckily I was wearing a helmet because I got my bell rang pretty good.

The second crash was right at the end of the ride. There's a halved log bridge (if you can imagine that) that is about 15 feet long. I just cleared the bridge but was slightly out of control and went off a drop off. I didn't pull my front tire up and my back tire decided it wanted to be in front. In other words I did an endo. The middle of my back landed on a stump.

Darren later apoligized for not being a good friend. When I asked why, he said he didn't have the camera ready!

Here's what my knee looked like after the ride.

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like some serious damage man, nice work! I think that would have been a better picture than me smashing into Darren. Glad you are alright man.

 
At October 27, 2006 , Blogger Burcham Family said...

Yikes! My motherly instincts want to ask if you need a bandaid - I can clean up the cut for you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home