Thursday, September 28, 2006

Mountain Men...Well Maybe Not

I recently picked up an old hobby - mountain biking. When I was in high school and college I rode a lot. I rode with my cousin, my brother and a bunch of his friends.

Mountain biking is a great way to exercise while seeing some beautiful parts of this state. This past weekend Sean, Darren and I went for a ride. The camera didn't get the best pictures but here's what we got from our ride at Stony Creek.
























































This next picture needs a little explanation. Darren was climbing up a hill when his tire got stuck in a rut and fell over. Sean coming up behind him hit Darren in the back. Sean bent his rim on Darren's back. Let me repeat that - Sean bent his rim on Darren's back. I got this shot just after the collision.















Ash

5 Comments:

At September 28, 2006 , Blogger Sean Stockman said...

That was a blast! Darren I hope the broken ribs have healed, next time get OUT OF MY WAY! I booked our biking trip to Colorado...looks like we'll be riding up almost all the fourteeners!

 
At September 29, 2006 , Blogger Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Okay, so I cracked up at the last picture! That is so funny. We should have taken a picture of the giant red puffy mark on Darren's back. So Sean, you're up to a soccer ball imprint on a little toddler, a tire mark on and adults back...what's next?

 
At September 29, 2006 , Blogger Sean Stockman said...

We did take a picture of Darren's side, but I don't think everyone is understanding here. This was D Chill's fault! haha I was going 20 mph up a hill (due to momentum) and Darren just stopped...I hit him as he was falling over... at least we had our helmets on. You can tell I have mine on by how freaking DUMB I look in that first picture....come on Ash....take it off! haha

 
At September 29, 2006 , Blogger Carris Family said...

Stinkin' hilarious! It is funnier to me to now that I have had a chance to meet Darren and Sean. Even funnier to me is that Ashley is taking pictures while his friend is close to death after his other friend has plowed full force into him.

 
At September 29, 2006 , Blogger Ash, Kel n Ella said...

That's a good point!!!

I was too busy taking pictures and laughing at them to realize that Darren was really hurting.

Ha!
Ash

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home