Monday, October 09, 2006

The Bull's and the Tigers

This past weekend a couple things happened that a lot of people didn't think would happen. First, James Bull got married. We went down to Nashville and had a great time - pictures to follow soon.

The second thing people didn't think would happen was OUR Detroit Tigers beat the HATED New York Yankees. They didn't just beat the Yankees...they dominated them. When you looked at the Yankees lineup it was actually very scary on paper. It was all-star after all-star. The old saying "Good pitching always beats good hitting" was evident. Kenny Rogers and Jeremy Bonderman pitched the games of their careers. They made that all-star lineup look pretty bad!

Kelly and I were able to see just about all of the both games this weekend. We were actually an hour late for the reception because I had to stay and watch the end of the game.

The celebration was AWESOME!!! After hugging and jumping up and down they carried the "skipper" Jim Leyland off the field. Usually a team goes back in to the lockerroom and goes crazy with bottle of champagne. Not OUR Detroit Tigers. The team, armed with a bottle of champagne in each hand, came back out and celebrated with the fans. HOW COOL IS THAT???

Next up are the Oakland Athetics in the American League Champion Series. Someone please pinch me...I can't believe this is still going on. And sorry Elliot - the Piston's pre-season will have to be forced to the back page for just a couple more weeks!!!

Ash

5 Comments:

At October 09, 2006 , Blogger Kara Graves said...

we were excited too....we stood in the Radio Shack at Cool Springs (a mall in Nashville) to watch....making us a little late for ZOE, but that is ok!

 
At October 09, 2006 , Blogger Sean Stockman said...

Holy crap...it's baseball season?

 
At October 10, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH nuts! Well honestly I have watched more baseball the past few weeks then I ever have in my life. I guess we'll put the ballers on ICE for now. DEEETROIT BASEBALL <---I know that is gay I won't claim it Shan said it, it's totally fine. =)

 
At October 10, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley, I had to check out your blog because I was so sure you would post about our beloved Tigers! Energy is certainly running high in the Remsing house and Justin is sure we'll have a World Series on our hands within days. We MUST watch a game together sometime soon--maybe Friday? I know Justin would love to see one with a fan at his equal level of excitement--because let's be honest, as much as I love the Tigers, I know only one other person who can truly rival Justin's affection, and that is you!

 
At October 10, 2006 , Blogger Burcham Family said...

Goooo Tigers!
I can't wait to see pics of Bull's wedding. Amy told me he was getting married and I was so happy for him! I'll check back soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home