Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Myth Busted!

On a recent episode of MythBusters, the crew tried to beat a motion-detector alarm. They tried all sorts of crazy things to beat the alarm. Nothing worked until they tried a simple white bed sheet. That's right, a bed sheet. They held the sheet up high over their heads.

Last night Kelly and I were at my parent’s house for dinner. They just got an alarm system set up in their house. Motion detectors were put in all over the house. They had the day to test it out. So of course I wanted to set it off.

Kelly reminded me about Mythbusters. So I went and got a white bed sheet to test it out myself. My mom set the alarm and I got in place. I walked through the entire room without the motion detector sensing me.

I dropped the sheet when I got to the other side of the room and the alarm went off. Myth busted!!!

It was a fun little experiment.
Ash

Labels:

8 Comments:

At January 17, 2007 , Blogger Burcham Family said...

You realize that you have given anyone who wants to break into a home with motion detectors a way to fool the alarm system don't you?!? Just kidding. Jason is a big fan of myth busters and I'm surprised I haven't seen that episode. Glad you were able to test the myth yourself :)

 
At January 17, 2007 , Blogger Sean Stockman said...

That is crazy...mabe we should start up our own mythbusting show. I have the video equipment for it...

The sheet thing is scary...wish you hadn't posted that to the world!

 
At January 17, 2007 , Blogger Ash, Kel n Ella said...

So the 5 people that read my blog can't break into my parents house???

It was on Mythbusters first...be mad at them.
Ash

 
At January 21, 2007 , Blogger Vicki said...

ok, so this is too funny... i wondered what you did in your spare time??? :)

 
At January 22, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, ash, you inspired Sean. Last night at small group he totally had Matt Brown get a white bed sheet so he could show our whole group... it was hilarious!

 
At January 22, 2007 , Blogger Kara Graves said...

this is hilarious! (so, is it only white, or what if someone had an off-white sheet?)

 
At January 22, 2007 , Blogger Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Not sure about if the color of the sheet works. Maybe that should be phase 2 of the testing.
Ash

 
At January 23, 2007 , Blogger Nicole said...

Well, you can add # 6 and #7 reading your blog!!!!Ash and Kel, It's Trevis and Nicole!!!! We somewhow got linked here (we think from Shannon but not exactly sure. The RCC ties are wierd and strong) Anyway, hope all is well and thought we would say hey!

HEY!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home