Sunday, November 25, 2007

One Month



Ella is actually a little over 5 weeks old now. She is doing great and we are just loving her SO much! Since the day she was born we have been able to notice changes in her everyday. Yes, it is so crazy to think how quickly she is growing and changing. Just like everyone says...it will fly by. We are enjoying every step of it and trying to soak in everything she does.

In the past couple days she has begun cooing. She is such a quiet little baby that when she begins cooing we have to be so quiet to catch it. She loves noise and movement. She loves the car ride except for when the car stops she lets us know that she would like to continue going. She is totally cool with my obsessive vacuuming and enjoys Ashley's guitar playing.

One thing I didn't know about parenting that has taken me by surprise is the amount of laundry I would be doing. Seriously, how can such a little person require so much laundry?? And now that she has begun to poo through everything it has picked up even more. BUT I'm more than happy to do it!

Early last week we took her for her one month doctor visit. She is a healthy little peanut! She weighed in at 8lbs. 1oz. and measured 20 and 3/4 inches long. She was put in the 25% for weight, length and head circumference.

The holidays are just that much more fun now having this precious little life here with us. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Love,
Kelly

10 Comments:

At November 25, 2007 , Blogger Linzi said...

Very cute picture! Was is professionally taken or did you or Ashley take it? I love it. Tessa does not "poo" through her clothes, knock on wood. Maybe it's b/c she is formula fed (?). I wish Tessa had a 1 mth appointment to find out her "stats" -- we did our own measurements, and she was 10.5-11 pounds and 23+ inches long. Any way, I love the picture and am glad you guys are enjoying your little Ella so much!

 
At November 26, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sure is a sweet baby.. we've loved getting to be around her more lately and hear all those little coos! Adorable pic!!

 
At November 26, 2007 , Blogger Nicole said...

Gorgeous! This Christmas will be sooo special for you guys! Enjoy every magical moment with Ella!

 
At November 26, 2007 , Blogger Kara Graves said...

That picture is adorable! I love the big bow and her big eyes!

Happy late Thanksgiving to you all...we are thankful to have you in our lives as friends.

 
At November 26, 2007 , Blogger Burcham Family said...

What a sweet little picture! Yeah, the laundry increase isn't something I was that prepared for either. You'd think with such little clothes it wouldn't add that much but it does!

 
At November 26, 2007 , Blogger Sean Stockman said...

Kids are such a blessing. It's been a lot of fun hanging with you guys and watching our girls smile, toot, spit up, toot some more, sleep, and cry!!!

 
At November 26, 2007 , Blogger Linzi said...

I think I spoke too soon, shortly after writing the comment, Tessa had a big poopy diaper -- the mess was every where, up her back, on me, on our bedroom floor, every where!

 
At November 26, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really good picture. I think my favorite of her so far...hint hint- you should make me a print!

 
At November 27, 2007 , Blogger Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

I have that same pooping problem. I can't wait till I get to change diapers and my little buy will hold just a little bit in so that he can pee all over while he is without diaper. Ahhhh, good times to come. I can't wait!!!

 
At November 29, 2007 , Blogger Beth Bowers said...

Ella is absolutely adorable. I am happy to hear everything is going so well for you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home