Monday, October 29, 2007

Back to Life...Back to Reality

Today was my first day back to work after being off for over a week. I was dreading this day. Kelly and Ella came and took me out to lunch. So it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I really enjoyed being at home with my girls. Being in our pajamas all day was getting fun! I can see how adjusting to life with a baby could be difficult. Ella made it some what easy.

The week off was great! We slept when Ella allowed us. By midweek we even ventured out a couple times. Here we are visiting a favorite...Yates Cider Mill for some cider and donuts! Apparently, the rest of the country doesn't "do" cider mills like we do here. It must be a cool weather thing.

We also introduced Ella to Chili's. A place she's already frequented in momma's belly a few times.

So as the song says its back to life and back to reality...time to change a dirty diaper!
Ash

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 30, 2007 , Blogger Sean Stockman said...

It was a sad day at our house as well. Going back to work after a break is always hard, even harder when your leaving a new baby!

It's cool to her you say "the girls" I am sure that is a bit weird for you to say still. If we had had a boy it would have been the kids, but its still girls!!!! Lots of girls!

 
At October 31, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cute and everything, but I'm ready to see some new pictures of Ella! :)

I was glad to hear that Ashley is loving "every bit of it," including the lack of sleep and diaper changing! Hopefully that won't change now that you're back to work, Ash.

 
At October 31, 2007 , Blogger Kara Graves said...

such a sweet family :) Cider Mills are definitely just a Michigan thing, I had never heard of a cider mill, or cider donuts, till I moved here....and I have lived a lot of places!

I can help you all rake leaves if you need, I can't pick them up because I will start sneezing, but I can rake! Let me know....

 
At November 01, 2007 , Blogger Burcham Family said...

Glad things are starting to become "normal" in your house! Looking forward to more pics of Ella...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home