Sunday, September 23, 2007

Nesting

I am in full nesting mode right now. We have hit the less than 30 day mark and I have really begun to feel the crunch. Maybe reading online and hearing it out of my doctor's mouth that if I begin to go into labor they will let me deliver has something to do with it. Or maybe it's because the Braxton Hick's seem to be coming more often or the fact that the baby's movements have become so large because she is getting so big and running out of room. Or maybe it's the doctor's appointments that are every week now. Whatever it is...I'm nesting! I found myself scrubbing our bathrooms on Friday night and feeling like EVERY corner of our house needs to be cleaned. I reorganized the linen closet to make room for the baby stuff, cleaned out the cabinet under the bathroom sink, have plans to steam clean every stitch of carpet in our house. Yes folks...I'M NESTING!


36 week belly shot!


I know the arrival of our little baby is approaching because Ashley and I's conversations are ALWAYS about this baby. What will she look like? Hair? No hair? Blonde or Brown? What will the day be like when she decides to make her arrival? Will she come early? Late? On her actual due date? We are so full of wonder right now. We are ready to see her and have her in our arms.

Life has been busy lately. Sara (a pregnant co-worker) and I have been taking a pregnant mom's water aerobics class. We go twice a week and absolutely love it! I can't say it's a pretty site though...a pool full of pregnant women straddling noodles:) But it sure feels good to be in water and feel weightless for an hour. Definitely something I can see myself doing with every pregnancy. I read in a book lately that when you are pregnant you will notice every pregnant person and feel like everyone is pregnant around you. I'm not kidding...EVERYONE is. It's awesome to have a co-worker to talk to all day long about pregnancy and everything related to it. It's been great to catch up with Linzi, a friend from youth group at church, who is due 3 days before me. Tessa is due 11 days before me and Katie is due just 3 months after me. Everytime I turn around someone else is pregnant. I feel like I'm part of a baby boom right now.


Linzi, Katie and I at Linzi's sweet baby shower!


Katie, Tess and I at my church shower!

Well the due date will be here in 4 weeks! Pretty much I could have a baby anytime between now and then. We are really praying that it's not after that :) I've got lots of baby clothes and blankets and sheets to start washing and hospital bags to pack. We just don't know when she will make her arrival! Until then I will keep working and swimming and NESTING!


Ashley and I at our church baby shower! We left that day feeling so loved and blessed by our church family!


The aunts to be and I! I am sitting in the rocking chair that Ashley's grandma gave us at our church baby shower. I love it!

-Kelly

10 Comments:

At September 23, 2007 , Blogger Vanessa said...

You look so cute! I love your haircut, it looks so familiar... :) I'm jealous you got a Cracker Barrel rocking chair, I've always wanted one. Turns out that my friend Julie who plays soccer for Kensington does know Amy. I guess they play together. Can't wait to see little
? ? Harrison!

 
At September 24, 2007 , Blogger Kara Graves said...

I can't believe it is already that close to finding out who you have in there! You looked absolutely beautiful on Saturday. I still need to come over and see all your pretty things from the shower!

We love you guys.

 
At September 24, 2007 , Blogger Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Great blog! All encompassing andvery informative. We are both so excited to meet the little lady and to share in the baby explosion. Kelly, you look good...but I am more interested in that stud wearing that green shirt. He looks like he can really swing a tennis racket!!!

Dan

 
At September 24, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! Just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to say congratulations! Manuel and I are very excited for the two of you!

And as it turns out, I am due with our 2nd baby girl only 3 days before you...guess you were right about that baby boom! :)

We'll be praying for a safe and speedy delivery!

Leslie

 
At September 24, 2007 , Blogger Burcham Family said...

You look great! I haven't seen you in a while. Hang in there! Just a few short weeks (or days) and you'll meet your little girl! I wish I could have gone to your shower (I was at a work outing that I planned at the zoo). My water broke while I was nesting - I was putting my couch cushions back on after washing them. That is a tell tale sign it's coming soon :)

 
At September 24, 2007 , Blogger Hol said...

I can hardly believe that it's "that time" already. Wow! It seems like you and Ash announced your good news only a week or two ago! (Of course that's not true.) You both look great too!

I can't wait to see pictures of baby Harrison.

 
At September 25, 2007 , Blogger Doug, Shelly, Ava and Liam said...

Kelly, you look great! Amazing how the nesting instinct kicks into overdrive! We know you'll be absolutely great parents.

Enjoy these special moments together as a couple before the little one arrives, requiring more of your attention.

With love,
Shelly, Doug and Ava

 
At September 25, 2007 , Blogger Nicole said...

Kelly, you really do look beautiful! How exciting and fun for you and Ashley as you get ready for this awesome arrival. Nothing else compares to it that's for sure. Your entry brought back a flood of memories for me.

Nesting is most definitely real and a sign. I was complusive and drove Trevis nuts but hey, the kids came home to a sparkling clean and organized home. It all goes out the window when sleep deprivation sets in so might as well clean while you don't need a Starbucks to help you function.

Wish we could have made it to fall festival. We were on a Myrtle Beach vacation... next year for sure. Hopefully we will see you guys on a visit to MI before then.

Love ya~

 
At September 27, 2007 , Blogger Mark, Tamara, and Gracie said...

Kelly, you're absolutely glowing! Just 4 weeks ago I was feeling all of those emotions as well! Mark and I are so excited for you to join us as new parents! We can't wait to meet your baby!

 
At September 29, 2007 , Blogger Carris Family said...

What a fun post! I felt like you were sitting right here talking to me! You look awesome, and you seem so excited! I hope you make it through your nesting list....atleast it will help pass the time until sweet baby Harrison makes her grand entrance! Molly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home