Tuesday, July 24, 2007

To The Least of These



This past weekend while in downtown Chicago with some friends, a homeless man approached us asking for a penny. I had my back to him and didn't even turn around. I had probably $1.25 worth of change in my pocket.

I didn't give it much thought until Monday evening on the way home from work. A Shawn McDonald song called "A Little More" painted a similar situation. Just like me, Shawn ignored the homeless man's request.

This has bothered me over the past couple days.

In the book of Matthew he writes:
37 -40"Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'

I pray that if this situation plays out in your life that you make the right decision and give the man a penny.
Ash

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can still give the $1.25..it's never too late Ash. God is everywhere and needing His servants like you everyday to help. Just look for Him today, ask, He will tell you where to put that $1.25. Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home