Sunday, April 15, 2007

Great Weekend!

This weekend our friend Reg from Colorado flew in to speak at our young adults retreat. We started the weekend out with a mountain bike ride on Friday. My brother came out of retirement for the ride and joined Darren, Reg and myself.


The retreat was held at this awesome camp not to far from church, Echo Grove Camp. The weekend was filled with some intense talks from Reg, awesome worship and a lot of community.


For me, the weekend hit its peak on Saturday night during worship. Neil, Theresa and Aaron did such a great job bringing us to the Lords throne room. I was at times speechless, at times crying and at times screaming. The Holy Spirit was definitely in the room.

Reg's focus for the weekend was living a counter-cultural life. One so different from the world around us people can't help but want to know what we are all about.

By the end of the retreat I was physically and emotionally spent but was on such a spiritual high!
God Bless,
Ash and Kel


5 Comments:

At April 16, 2007 , Blogger Hol said...

Oh my goodness! I remember Reg from ACU. He was such a nice guy. I miss getting to see and talk to him. Looks like you all had a great time too. Thanks for sharing. :)

 
At April 16, 2007 , Blogger Sean Stockman said...

So glad you all had a good time. I told you Neilo was the man! He learned all he knows from me in the dorms at RC. haha

 
At April 16, 2007 , Blogger Kara Graves said...

this weekend was wonderful! Thanks for getting Reg to come out and spend it with us!

 
At April 17, 2007 , Blogger Kara Graves said...

...and thank you for breaking in my mitt! It is so much better now!

 
At April 19, 2007 , Blogger neil said...

It was definitely a spirit-reviving weekend. I often feel like I have a responsibility as a worship leader to "channel" the Holy Spirit into the setting, but I think God just decided to completely DOUSE the entire room with His presence and no channeling was necessary. Truly an amazing experience - I was glad to share in it with you guys.

Oh and just yesterday the soreness went away in my legs! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home