Sunday, March 05, 2006

The King of Dogs!!!

We'd like to introduce you to the other member of our house, our dog Kingston. She's a Shih Tzu but she really thinks she's human. We adopted her from Kelly's parents and ever since she's been our baby.


The first night we had her (she was 2 1/2 when we got her) I prepared a bed for her on the floor at the foot of our bed. As I stood up and turned around she jumped up on the bed. I grabbed her and put her back on her bed. Again as I turned around she hopped up on the bed. This fun, little game went on for a while before I just gave up. Ever since she's been sleeping in our bed.

King, like most dogs, has a short memory. One minute I could be yelling at her and the next time she sees me she couldn't be more excited. Some call that dumb, I call it love.

She has a spot on our bay window that looks out to the back yard. If the blinds are closed she'll bark until we come and open them. Once open she'll be in the same spot for hours - just looking outside.




Kingston is a great dog!

2 Comments:

At March 09, 2006 , Blogger Sean Stockman said...

King is a great dog! I think you guys are doing it right...trying out a dog before the kids start coming. Me and Tess skipped that step, but we are surviving.

If King ever has pupps we want one!!!

 
At March 09, 2006 , Blogger Kara Graves said...

We all love Kingston:) Count us in for one of those puppies...although I don't think I could let a puppy in my bed with me, I would die from sneezing!

To answer your comment, I would pay money to see Josh on skis too....but, I probably will pay money when he gets on skis because he is so un-coordinated with that kind of thing and the injuries from skiing are costly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home